STONE VINTAGE IS A FULL-SERVICE SHOP FOR ALL of YOUR REPAIR NEEDS
BRIAN SHIMA - LUTHIER
Throughout his years of experience, Brian has performed nearly every repair possible on all styles of acoustic and electric guitars, as well as on many other types of instruments.
He was an apprentice to Master Luthier Harrison Phipps where he learned to do just about everything when it comes to repairs. Even when he must invent new tools or methods to complete the job.
With every repair, we do our best to provide nothing but incredible quality, while working within the financial means of our customers.
PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR COMPLIMENTARY DIAGNOSIS FOR ALL INSTRUMENT REPAIRS. DON'T BE SHY COME ON BY AND SAY HI. WE WILL PRESENT ALL OPTIONS AND PRICES, AS WELL AS OUR RECOMMENDATION, UP FRONT.
THE FOLLOWING LIST CONTAINS EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL REPAIRS THAT WE PERFORM:
- SET-UPS (FOR OPTIMAL TONE, INTONATION, AND EASE OF PLAYING)
- SETTING THE ACTION AT NUT AND SADDLE
- ADJUSTING SADDLE COMPENSATION
- POLISHING FRETS AND FINGERBOARD
- INSTALLING NEW STRINGS
- RE-FINISHING FRETBOARD
- REPAIRING LOOSE FRETS
- INSTALLING AND DRESSING NEW FRETS
- BASIC FIXES
- FIXING & FINISHING CRACKS, DENTS, & SCRATCHES
- RE-GLUING LOOSE BRACES, BRIDGES, FINGERBOARDS, ETC.
- REPAIRING OR REPLACING NUTS AND SADDLES (BONE AND PLASTIC)
- FIXING FAULTY TUNING MACHINES
- MAJOR FIXES
- RE-GLUING A BROKEN PEGHEAD
- RESETTING THE NECK
- REPLACING THE BRIDGE
- ELECTRONIC WORK
- RE-SOLDERING LOOSE CONNECTIONS
- INSTALLING OR UPGRADING PICK-UPS (ON ELECTRIC AND ACOUSTIC GUITARS)
- ELIMINATING HUMMING PROBLEMS